samedi 20 février 2010
AGIR ENSEMBLE a celebre la journee internationale contre le cancer 2010
AGIR ENSEMBLE has organized a public debate on cancer focusing on the campaign slogan: “cancer can be prevented too”. The target people were teachers of Visoke institute.
The event took place in one of the classrooms of the school (Visoke Institute) on February 4th, 2010 directly after courses from 12:45 – 16:00.
The official langage of the event was French.
The event has begun with presentation of participants and a little presentation on mission of AGIR ENSEMBLE. The moderator was Mr Paul and was in charge of taking picture.
The speaker was Dr Mateus Kambale Sahani (in yellow T-SHIRT). After presentation, the speaker begun with the topic: “Cancer, a global priority” and after he continued by giving the key messages of the campaign through the topic: “Cancer can be prevented too”. The speaker has insisted on some simple measures to prevent cancer and this was received by participants as good news because all of them didn’t know that it could be possible to prevent cancer.
Then, the moderator opened the debate and 15 questions have been received and all found responses.
At the end, Dr Mateus gave the press release, key messages and the Diary notes to the headmaster of the school (Visoke institute).
After this, some recommendations were given by participants:
1. for next time, to invite more people and look for a common moment and sufficient time to allow people to understand better the matter of cancer, screening for cervical cancer, breast cancer, tobacco control, etc.
2. the headmaster has asked to AGIR ENSEMBLE to do more sessions of raising awareness for their pupils and said that they need more posters for their classrooms and the public room of teachers.
Some key outcomes:
At the end of the day activities:
1. All participants have understood and convinced that cancer can be prevented too (this was the first time for them to understand that cancer is also preventable),
2. All participants have made commitment to sign the world cancer declaration,
3. All participants have made commitment to spread this message to their pupils but they need some materials as posters and some modules.
Dr Mateus Sahani.
Publié par Blog de AGIR ENSEMBLE, asbl à 22:29:00 Aucun commentaire:
Libellés : L'action commune est une force
Inscription à : Articles (Atom)